Palmculture

Castle in Sremska Kamenica (Marcibani-Karachoni Castle)

Cím
Ulica dvor bb, Sremska Kamenica

Castle in Sremska Kamenica (Marcibani-Karachoni Castle)

The Marcibani-Karachoni Castle in Sremska Kamenica was built in the period from 1797 to 1811, and today’s appearance was given after the reconstruction and extension construction carried out in 1834-1836. The castle was built by the noble family Marcibani de Puho, as evidenced by the plate above the entrance, and on the north-eastern side is their family coat of arms. The entire complex was owned by the noble family Karachoni until 1918. The castle consists of four wings enclosing the interior courtyard of the atrium type. Colonnades of massive Doric poles, pediments and other architectural elements point to clear stylistic determinants of Classicism. It is surrounded by an English-style park decorated with numerous sculptures.

The facility is now used by the Public company “Vojvodina vode”.


 

This website has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The content of the website is the sole responsibility of Eurotender Egyesulet and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union and/ or the Managing Authority.