Hotel “Vojvodina” was built in 1854 in the style of late Classicism. From the very beginning this building was a hotel and a tavern called “Hotel Elizabeth”. After the First World War, it changed its name to the “Queen Maria Hotel” and in 1927 it became the property of Gedeon Dundjerski. After the end of the Second World War, it was nationalized and then it received today’s name “Vojvodina”.
In the courtyard of the hotel, in 1895, the building of the Serbian National Theater was built according to the project of the renowned architect Vladimir Nikolic. The main benefactor of this venture was Lazar Dundjerski. Unfortunately, this building burnt down in a fire in 1928 and it’s no longer in existence.