Palmculture

Our Lady of Hungary Church, Deszk

Cím
Deszk, Alkotmány utca 41. 6772
Telefon
+36 (62) 271 566

Our Lady of Hungary Church, Deszk

Built from the generosity of baron Ferenc Gerliczy in 1901-1904 in Neo-Gothic Style, and was consecrated in the year of its completion bearing the title of Our Lady of Hungary. The church is located right next to the Gerliczy Castle, which is currently operating as a lung sanatorium. The most ornate temple in the Torontál area, keeping the most beautiful traditions in its proportions and decorations, has magnificent furnishings, its altar, pulpit, carved Stations of the Cross, and a magnificent rose window are richly decorated. The dark brown main altar is a real winged altar, evoking the Middle Ages.

 

 

This website has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The content of the website is the sole responsibility of Eurotender Egyesulet and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union and/ or the Managing Authority.