Palmculture

Alföldi Gallery (Old High School) – Hódmezővásárhely

Cím
Hódmezővásárhely, Kossuth tér 8, 6800

Alföldi Gallery (Old High School) – Hódmezővásárhely

The building the Alföldi Galéria currently occupies is the classicist building of the former Reformed High School. In 1882-1883, it was expanded to the west in its original style. In the rebuilding of 1897, the bell tower decorating the building was demolished. This is when it got the name Old High School, due to the construction of the new high school building. In the 1960s, the idea of building a stand-alone gallery for the wide-ranging exhibition of fine art in the region of Vásárhely and the Great Plain emerged. The Alföld Gallery was opened to the public on September 30, 1985 in the renovated upstairs chambers, empty since the end of the 1970s. The ground floor rooms were opened in 2003 by the city during the 50th Vásárhely Autumn Exhibition. Since 2006, the whole building has been serving the purpose of the Gallery. The art exhibition of the Great Plain was opened in 2013 in the upstairs halls of the Alföldi Gallery from the very beginning.

 


 

This website has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The content of the website is the sole responsibility of Eurotender Egyesulet and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union and/ or the Managing Authority.