Palmculture

Church of St. Roch

Cím
Futoška 7-9, Novi Sad

Church of St. Roch

The old Roman Catholic church of St. Roch, which was built in the 18th century, was destroyed during the routing of the Futoski road. Today’s church was built in 1801, as inscription on the facade towards Futoska street (Anno 1801) states. The damage that occurred during the Rebellion in 1849 was remedied according to the Theodor Schoft project. The Church of the Holy Roch carries the stylistic features of the transition period from Baroque to Classicism. On the windows on the side walls there are two stained glasses from 1905 with the figures of Jesus Christ and St. George.

 


 

This website has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The content of the website is the sole responsibility of Eurotender Egyesulet and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union and/ or the Managing Authority.