Palmculture

Museum of Vojvodina (Palace of the Court)

Cím
Dunavska ulica 35-37, Novi Sad
Telefon
+381 (0)21 525-059

Museum of Vojvodina (Palace of the Court)

Today’s building of the Vojvodina Museum is located in the former Court of justice. The construction of a monumental palace was completed in 1900, according to the plan of Budapest architect Gyula Wagner who was known for court palaces and prisons in Szeged, Budapest, Debrecen and other cities. The origins of today’s collection of the Museum of Vojvodina started from the legacy of Sava Tekelija, a wealthy trader and patron. After decades of dedicated work, this collection has grown into the Museum of Matica Srpska, which opened in 1933. In an effort to create a central museum with a scope of work for the entire Vojvodina, a part of the material was separated from the Museum of Matica Srpska and in 1947 the Vojvodina Museum was founded. A complex type museum, with numerous collections of archeology, ethnology, history, art history, zoology, botany, geology-paleontology and mineralogy-petrography, has moved in 1974 in today’s building.

 

This website has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The content of the website is the sole responsibility of Eurotender Egyesulet and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union and/ or the Managing Authority.