Palmculture

Roman Catholic Church and the old parish house in Futog

Cím
Ulica Carice Milice 2

Roman Catholic Church and the old parish house in Futog

The original Roman Catholic Church at this place was built by Count Hadik in 1776. At the site of the old church, the Countess Kotek built a new one in 1907, according to the architect Ferenc Weninger’s project, as evidenced by the patron’s inscription in the Latin language above the main entrance. The church is dedicated to the Heart of Jesus and is designed in the neo-gothic style. Two high bell towers rise on the front. Above the main portal there is rosette, and on the side walls there are large stained glass windows made by Walter Gida. Apse and side walls are reinforced by counterforts which is characteristic of the neo-gothic style. The church preserves paintings of baroque artist Falconer József Ferenc, (Buda 1765/1766? -Buda 1808).

Together with the original church, parish house was built in 1776 and it has stylistic features of the baroque style with a characteristic ornamental decoration on the facade.


 

This website has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The content of the website is the sole responsibility of Eurotender Egyesulet and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union and/ or the Managing Authority.